Dealing with Deadlines 5/29/2007 01:27:00 PM

I'm currently editing the official newsletter of Banilad Study Center, FOCUS. I set the deadlines for myself and the rest of the staff. Sometimes, I admit I give myself a bit of a leeway. The next issue is supposed to come out by the middle of June in time for the next school year, yet there are several things to take care of, including the finances! So, how do I deal with the pressure?
  • First of all, I try to talk things out with our Lord in my prayer regarding this important project entrusted to my care. It may be something small (a 4-page issue with a circulation of 500),yet it is something that can be done well and sanctified.
  • Second, I do not do it all alone. I always discuss things with the other staff members, making decisions based on the ideas that come in. For this issue, we decided that we would pass on the writing of articles to the contributors. Knowing that others are sharing the burden with you lightens it up.
  • Thirdly, if things don't go as planned, to smile and make the necessary adjustments. After all, nothing is guaranteed foolproof in this imperfect world of ours.

Thus I carry on with order and optimism, despite the looming deadlines.

0 other thoughts: