|Blog Holiday!||5/23/2011 07:00:00 PM|
Will be staying off blogging for the rest of the month until after the Philippine Board of Radiology Examination Part I on June 18th... Hope to be back and joining TBR after the exams. :)
|10 Things With More Time, 10 Things With More Money||5/23/2011 06:54:00 PM|
10 Things With More Time
1. Finish reading all books by Tolkien which I haven't read yet (I have been reading "The Lord of the Rings" for the past 4 years, and I am still in the first chapters of "The Return of the King")
2. Go on more restaurant lunch outs with my sisters.
3. Explore a zoo.
4. Go on another mini-trekking trip.
5. Get serious with the my stamp-collecting habits.
6. Write more letters (snail mail).
7. Go spelunking.
8. Take a long walk in the middle of a centuries-old forest.
9. Develop a butterfly sanctuary
10. Write more literary pieces.
I really wish I had time to do more things than these.... (sigh!)
10 Things With More Money
1. Give it away to a relative in need.
2. Give it away to that hungry person on the street.
3. Give it away to an indigent patient.
4. Give it away to a charitable institution.
5. Give it away to support volunteer work.
6. Give it away to parish needs.
7. Give it away to the friend wishing for a new outfit.
8. Give it away to grow more forests.
9. Give it away to a micro-credit cooperative.
10. Give it away for the pro-life cause.
I have never really felt the need to have more money than what I have right now... I prefer to give it away rather than take on all the complications that comes with being rich.
|Why I Blog the Way I Do...||5/15/2011 02:37:00 PM|
I just realized that my last entry in this blog has been for quite some time already, but I am still blogging somewhere else by myself and with others...
These two blogs and the one I am writing on right now stand for the reasons that I blog:
- To be an outlet for my thoughts on various issues of my life.
- To share my creativity and construct an archive of sorts for my poetry past and present
- To give a show of support to a cause very close to my heart: the pro-life movement.
I guess blogging is still my thing, because it is closest to what I have been doing without a computer in the past, that is writing non-fiction (diary entries, essays) and fiction (short stories, novellas, poetry).
I do hang-out at Facebook which also started me out being involved in a pro-life blog as well, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to comprehend Twitter, although I do have an account. I guess text message-long posts are to cumbersome for my taste.
I my life thus, blogging is still well and alive, and in fact since the last TBR season, the single blog I have now includes one more personal blog and a group blog!