As a Patient... 8/05/2007 05:35:00 PM

Below is an old post from the first blog I kept through the Freindster social networking site. I decided to move it here (and another old post) since I plan to delete that blog in its entirety already. This is dated September 14, 2005, a week after my 25th birthday, and a few days afteer being confined at a private hospital for a day, diagnosed with the sometimes life-threatening dengue fever.

+ ~~~ + ~~~ + ~~~ + ~~~ + ~~~ + ~~~ + ~~~ +

This makes a good blog: my short hospital confinement. I’ll be back to my “work” 7:30am tomorrow, Philippine time, but there are some things I’ll keep with me from that stay. I’ll share 7 of them with you:

1) I realize that being cared for, you can help those who care for you become generous with their time.

2) You have to learn to be hurt in order to be helped.

3) Being sick, I felt the assurance that I will always be cared for, for the rest of my life, no matter what happens to me in the future.

4) Your visitors will serve to amuse you, so take care that you be pleasant with them.

5) Cheerfulness while being sick is possible: Just look at those bright flowers and the even brighter smiles of those caring for you.

6) Your illness serves to help you in one way or another. It’s up to you to find out how.

7) In such a confined space, you can let your heart expand by praying for those around you or not exactly around you. You have all the time in the world to do so.

0 other thoughts: