Chancing Upon a Part-time Job 7/26/2007 06:18:00 PM

Last Sunday, I happened to see my friend, a doctor, while she was working on something on her laptop. A conversation ensued... And I ended up taking on a part time job, working to put in order her patient database. I put in only 2 1/2 hours every afternoon on weekdays. It's the only time when neither she nor the other doctor she's sharing the clinic with are seeing their patients. I've estimated that it would take me about 3-4 weeks to get everything done... Then, she promised to help me find something else to busy my time with in the next few months (probably related to medical research work... I'm not so sure what she has in mind yet....) , since my application to two diagnostic clinics was turned down.
I have been praying to St.Josemaria to get a job I can leave on short notice by November... And I guess this is the answer to my prayer, albeit in an unexpected manner. The work is clerical in nature, more than it is medical. But, as always, it's the rectitude of intention with which we do the work that counts. Anyway, I'm not exactly a people person, so spending an afternoon of silence in front of the computer screen suits me just fine.

0 other thoughts: