rAdIoLoGy NoTeS 27: On duty, plus 1 6/03/2010 06:46:00 PM

We now officially have a pre-resident who will start middle of the year, and by default, since I am the most senior resident still going on 35 hour duty, she is going on duty with me. It's an adjustment as I have been used to doing things by myself, and now I have to do my duties while teaching someone else to do my work. It takes twice the time working in a pair as opposed to working on your own. Then, there is calculating how much I should demand vis-a-vis knowing the limits of skills and knowledge I should expect of her. It helps though that I have known her personally for the past 13 years and we have been casual friends since then. No more surprises, I guess... Then again, the line between friendship and being one's senior in residency training also has to be drawn somewhere...

0 other thoughts: