rAdIoLoGy NoTeS 03 12/27/2007 06:10:00 PM

I was given a "3 day" extention of my pre-residency by my most senior resident, just because the radiology department Christmas party was still on the 20th. I managed to get it down to 2 days, since I was definitely not missing the Silver Anniversay Celebration of Banilad Study Center on the 19th, and besides, I have to help out the rest of the day with the preparations....

Anyway, I was back in the hospital in the morning of the 20th just to give the department chairman my short biodata for the formal introduction of incoming residents the following day when the chief of the radiology technologists informed me that I would be emceeing that night... Oh well... It was my first time to emcee, and it was also the first time to emcee of my partner, the current 1st year resident (UNSA-ON!). My friend was right... lowest of the low... accept any assignment... I also sang a duet with one of my seniors that same night for our presentation (just won a consolation prize! Hehehehe!) and supervised the evening's games (which meant, I wouldn't be playing which is fine by me!), and I did sing a number on the videoke machine... In one night I did a lot of stuff I wouldn't be cought dead doing on other occasions... My seniors forgot to tell me of the exchanging gifts, so I wasn't able to join in, although I did get to pick one of the door prizes like the rest of the staff. The next day, I picked up another surprise from the chief of the radiology technologists--> a pear ham!

I learned the following day that I had it easy when I got to chit-chat with the other pre-residents of the other departments of the hospital... Someone had to wear a skirt three straight days in a row for the first time in her life. Another was told by their incoming chief resident to "sway a little more" when performing on stage for an inter-hospital presentation... Worst than taking the board exam! Yup, I had it easy...

0 other thoughts: