rAdIoLoGy NoTeS 13 9/12/2008 10:52:00 PM

It's a busy month: a mid-year convention, in-service exams, trying to get applicants to then start pre-residency mid-November.... And I just realized that I'm no longer going to to be the most junior resident of the department... I can now say goodbye to being responsible for supervising the work of the medical interns... I more or less already know what I am doing, although I still make an occasional inexcusable mistake (i.e. Do not fail to look at the skull base bone destruction and subtle mass lesions, especially with symptomatic patients with known primary malignancies! -> Major note to myself!!!).
Next month I shall assume office as the secretary of the local radiology resident's organization. I was elected in absentia (I had to get back to the hospital that night for a referral. I later ended up doing the preliminary reading of the brain CT-scan of that certain boxer all the other residents saw lose that night on national TV). The main reason I was elected was again, my gender. I guess I have already mentioned in a previous post that I am only one of two current residents in this part of the country who are female (she's already about to graduate!). I can't wait for the new resident to start though. Currently all the applicants are female so there's a good chance my junior will be a she.

0 other thoughts: