Without a Voice 3/02/2008 12:14:00 PM

My common colds has just developed into laryngitis with the accompanying symptoms of hoarseness... Well, you get the picture.

I do have no intentions of being absent for the next few days until my vocal cords function normally, but it's just as well... Certain situations at work have made me realize that it doesn't matter anyway whether I make my views known clearly or not as the case may be... Some people will just not be sensitive enough to give you due respect, nevermind your position of some authority, and nevermind if you demand it... And it gets harder with emotions in the way. And so I continue to pray that my next actions will see me through situations that may or may not develop in the days ahead.

In the meantime, I guess I'll be doing more writing than talking and just bear the teasings expected of the illness that has befallen me. When my voice returns, I just hope that I shall be heard, listened to, and even given just a little more of the respect that I believe is due to me.

0 other thoughts: