rAdIoLoGy NoTeS 01 11/20/2007 04:24:00 PM

I'm enjoying my first few days at work. I relish the fact that I still have my weekends off, don't have any overnight duties, and the time I spend in the hospital isn't so hectic as well. There are a lot of things to learn, and a lot of books to read. I'm already doing a few preliminary reading, as well as performing some of the procedures (or observing how they are done) with the help of my seniors. The mostly male staff can really tease you a lot, but I'm taking things in stride.

~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~

A few fun (and/or corny) radiology jokes, mostly in the Cebuano context (items in pharenthesis entirely my un-copyrighted additions...):

*Surgeon: We cut and sew

OB-GYNE: We deliver

(Radiologist: We see right through you!)

*Patient(at Radiology Department Reception Area): Pwede mag-pa eksthrays? (eks-four, eks-five, eks-six?)

*Intern/Senior Clerk: Unsa pa imoha labs, Manang?

Patient: Ambot, Doc, naa man toh Chest Phah. Ambot unsa na... (Chest Phah?! Ah, Chest P.A. - meaning chest postero-anterior view!)

*Patient's Relative (to Radiologic Technologist): Sir, pwede kuhaon ang plackards? (Plackards?! Asa diay mo mag-rally? Ah! You mean plaka a.k.a. x-ray plate!)

0 other thoughts: